Saturday, July 13, 2024

~ Shona Shona....Dil mera Shona...~

 The Pooch is always ready to greet any visitor who gives her a glance and is little affectionate towards her – she is effervescent and always wagging her tail when she comes to you and greet you ‘Good Morning’ in her own style – believe me, it has become a regular feature – if you observe her, she has stories to tell but the language barrier is the only bottleneck which she has far surpassed now –  Just observe her face  and you will see a qualm and at the same time inquisitiveness of living. 

The Canine is a new found friend and she stays in my neighborhood park – her broken left leg is a testimony to the fact that she had to fight her existence between other dogs in the vicinity to make a remarkable space for herself – she is alone and has no partner – confined to a limited area, she can be seen around the open gym which DDA has erected in various parks of Delhi.

Almost everyone likes her for the calm she has and a loving acceptance she bestows when she would meet you – I have lately named her Shona ( meaning lovable in Punjabi 😊) and she seems to be a true synonym of her name – now that she has also got used to this new word / sound in her listening, she comes running when called with this name.

Just the other day she was missed as I was looking for her and thinking where she has gone – whether she is safe or has been shooed off by other dogs who have a considerable acumen in the area – as I searched, my worst fears came true – I could see her howling in excruciating pain as visible she was distraught – I could clearly sense that she has been attacked and she must have fought bravely but had clearly been outnumbered by a bunch of bow-wows who didn’t want to add any other dog in the vicinity.

As I neared her, she slowly wagged her tail, sensing that I was no stranger to her, she howled with love this time as I caressed her – she felt a little warmth and slowly tried to stand, which she was able to after some time and much effort – Now that the time has passed and she has recuperated well and is almost back to her true lovable self , I see her roaming fearlessly in the park , now that she has established new found home.

Amongst my good morning friends ,‘Shona’ has become the latest edition , each morning I expect to see her hale and hearty and it is only when I have a glimpse of her that the day is ‘sort of’ to a good start 😊 – my only contention being that she does not like the ‘Parle -G’ biscuits that I intent to feed her with – maybe she doesn’t like sugary things – quite unlike other canines in the area, who always have a sumptuous feast of the poor man’s biscuit. 

May be next time , I would try something better off – a load of milk soaked bread or Chapati mixed with milk – and she can accept my hospitality in all earnest – till then I am cherishing my new friend… a soul which makes me happy in the morning and starts my day with a woosh and energy… Thank you Shona for that presence…!

No comments:

Popular Posts

The Indian Mind Reset

 The world is pivoting on an invisible axis. We are moving from an era of information scarcity to an age of attention collapse, from industr...